(mouse-over to magnify / click to expand)
Create an abstract composition based on a tile pattern. This challenge stretches your imagination.
1. Start by drawing a square.
2. Draw 2 lines anywhere inside the square.
3. Add a dot anywhere inside the square.
4. You now have your tile. Draw a grid on your canvas, and repeat your tile to create a pattern. You can have all the tiles facing the same direction, or you can turn them different directions.
5. Vary each tile using color, size, value, proportion, etc.
In the finished painting I've supplied, you can still see the basic tile if you look closely. I have varied the size of the dots, which makes the pattern more subtle. I also turned my tile in different directions.
Please be sure to follow the spirit and the letter of the challenge.
For example, each submission must be painted after the challenge is posted.